Friday, August 22, 2008

Worksheets On Persuasive Writing

A return lemon, yellow, green and a touch of ginger p'tite

And yes, I'm back after a long, long absence, that either have not filled my two acolytes. Some may wonder if it's a real return (yes there are still those who remember this little pot, I know ;-), I answer honestly that I do not know and I would even say that I think not. I just want to celebrate my first day of vacation with a little sweet tart. Envy also try these little lemon squares that we no longer and that even during my period of intensive kitchen, I had not tested.

In general, rather than to turn my chocolate cravings for sweets but this time I think I let myself be influenced by Flo and lemon avalanche. Because yes, although I have abandoned this little blog for a while, I remain a faithful reader of some of you, at least in my "contemporaries" because I admit being a little lost face to all newcomers every day that enrich the culinary blogosphere.

But enough chatter, let us return to our small squares.
I took the original recipe by modifying a little, not having tasted it I can not compare, but I can tell you that it is a true delight! It could perhaps be improved somewhat by adding sesame seeds to paste a small crisp note.

For the dough:
- 100g butter at room temperature
-
40g icing sugar - 100g flour
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 50g ground almonds

For the lemon cream:
- 3 eggs
- 125g brown sugar
- 125ml lemon juice (for me the juice of one lime and one lemon and half)
- 2 tablespoon lemon zest (zest from green and 1 / 2 yellow)
- 1 piece of ginger (+ / - Close to taste)

Prepare the dough: Whisk the butter and sugar until obtaining a uniform and smooth cream, then stir the mixture of flour, cornstarch and almond powder. Roll out the dough (it is very soft and sticky) into a square pan or parchment paper and smooth it well. Bake for 15 minutes at 180 degrees.
Prepare the cream: mix the lemon juice with the zest and ginger cut into small pieces. In a large bowl, beat 3 eggs with brown sugar, once the mixture starts to foam a little, add the lemon juice and ginger and mix well.
Pour lemon over batter and bake still hot for 20 minutes, still at 180 degrees. The cream should be firm at the end of cooking.
Cool completely before cutting into squares and sprinkle with icing sugar.
Refrigerate in an airtight container.

I'm a fan of the flavor of ginger combined with lemon and little squares have completely met my requirements (in fact, the juice obtained by mixing lemon juice with zest and ginger is worth it its own).

Fan lemon ginger I said then, but an even bigger fan of chocolate ...
... and by chance this morning while shopping in a supermarket where I'm going about once a year (in order to buy the few articles sometimes I need and I do not mean in my usual area), I lingered at radius chocolate (it does not remake! I was looking for the famous chilli chocolate I love so much and I have not had the opportunity to enjoy for several months, in fact there were none ...) and I came across a dark chocolate with lemon and ginger crystals! the dream! Immediately tasted and approved! Without wishing to pub but if you have the same addiction as me and you avoid searching for too long, Cote d'Or the fact that ...

0 comments:

Post a Comment