Friday, August 29, 2008

Two Days Before Period

My first pretzels!

What's good to be on vacation, at home alone more importantly, with the main occupation "do what we like! So I reinvested my kitchen a little more or less abandoned and I rediscovered the pleasure of feeding this little blog ...
It's obvious I'm less busy huh?! It will not last but who cares ;-)

Lately, I ogled here regularly telling me, without really believing that even if it would be nice to try a day.
And then Tuesday, I bought some fresh yeast, I printed the recipe yesterday and this morning I had breakfast with the recipe in front ... After taking my cat to the vet for his vaccines, I was thinking of going to the hairdresser but there was too much waiting for my liking ...
While returning, without thinking, I pulled out a large bowl, my square of yeast, flour and, without asking more questions, I started! And well I can only say one thing: I can not believe how easy it is!
Like what, you get a mountain of no great thing sometimes, and once we took the leap, one wonders what we feared ... Hey, it's like giving blood , the first time, despite my determination, I was not very reassured and then finally, it's been 10 years and I give these few minutes are really not much by vital need to report that recipients have ... No, it has nothing to do with the pretzels I grant you, but I had time to go for an hour and a half during which my dough rose ... no time to be lost and so I do a little advertising, it's so important!

But back to our pretzels ...
I followed the recipe exactly Sandra, finally, at least since I modified the procedure some ingredients ...
I resume the ingredients with my edits in brackets and let you see the process from Sandra!

pretzels for 8 to 10:
  • 650g flour T65 (T45 500g + 150g wholemeal rye)
  • 2 teaspoons instant dry yeast (20g fresh yeast)
  • 2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 tablespoon sugar (1cuillère coffee with honey)
  • 60g soft butter or margarine (50g olive oil)
  • 180ml warm water
  • 200ml milk (or soy milk) at room temperature or warmed
Bath Poaching
  • 2.5 liters of water
  • 100g sodium bicarbonate
1 egg yolk, salt, sesame seeds, poppy ...

I followed the procedure having my fresh yeast previously dissolved in some water (100ml) and milk (100ml) of honey added. I added this mixture along with olive oil and remaining water and milk and it was perfect!
I extended the cooking time, 20 minutes rather than the 14 recommended that were not enough for my oven. I stretch my dough a bit more next time for pretzels a little less plump and finer, better respect the traditional form, but otherwise nothing to change about the recipe!

Finally, a simple and quick recipe (one rose from 1 hour to 1:30, much shorter than kugelhopf example!) That allows you to enjoy delicious pretzels, bagels or by chosen form, homemade, all fresh, all hot, all soft! Thank

Sandra, for this gold mine that is your Petrin, for this great recipe for me and unwittingly helped plunge pretzels!

0 comments:

Post a Comment